4/15/2010

Still kickin...

Posted by J - azoowho@gmail.com |

It's been a long, long time since I've blogged. Too long... I know! I think maybe I burned out on being the cyber harbinger of constant bad news and was waiting it out so that I could FINALLY post something positive. You know, like a BFP... but, not yet :)

We are yet again in that twilight zone purgatory known as the 2WW. You all know it well! Hopeful, but fearful, optimistic, but ever so cautiously so as to cushion the blow if things don't work out. It's a wonder any of us in IF land are able to keep our wits about us. On second thought, I'm not so sure where my wits are these days! This is our 4th IUI now, so we are twilight zone veterans but I wish I could say that it gets easier... it really doesn't.

We did injectables this cycle for the first time (L was doing Clomid previously) and definitely saw more immediate results. The doctor saw a nice big follicle on the first U/S and we triggered that evening. The IUI, however, was a bit more of an adventure this time! L has a "shy cervix" and the doctor had a VERY difficult time finding the target this time and had to break out the Tenaculum, which hurt me just to LOOK AT, and caused an awful lot of pain and discomfort for my poor wife. I am Italian/Irish and that volatile blood was boiling something fierce watching her in obvious pain. It took all I had to bite my tongue and not tell the doctor to stop. She is such an amazing trooper though, never complained... I would have been screaming like a lil girl!

So we wait...4/21 is our target date. Fingers crossed and good vibes gladly accepted :)

So, defying every internal instinct that screams, "don't share THAT", I thought I would share a story which is guaranteed to be WAY TMI. I would encourage you to stop reading now, just do yourself a favor and close the browser...

Ok... don't say I didn't warn you...

So, in addition to the Folistim, my wife is also doing Crinone suppositories. Not having spent much time researching this medication, I was unaware of one of the key "side effects" which evidently is the discharge of little white balls of gel. You still have time to close the browser... So anyway, the other night, my wife and I, did the "BD" thang, you know... and when we were finished, well...I had... a hitchhiker. Yep, one of those lovely "white balls of gel" must've had his thumb out on the side of the road and decided to jump on for the ride. My wife was the one who noticed it and decided in her infinite wisdom that the best thing to do was, not to tell me, but rather just try and "flick it off"... uhhh yeah...

Sorry :)

Til next time...
J

3 comments:

annacyclopedia said...

Hey there - just came from the LFCA to wish you luck. Hope you get the best news ever on the 21st!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

As a fellow DIUIer I just wanted to wish you guys all the best. The 21st is a great day and I hope it brings you all the best news!

tiffany.parcher said...

What's the update? Thinking of you both!

Subscribe