1/06/2010

WTF...Sigh...FML...@#$%...and stuff

Posted by J - azoowho@gmail.com |

We ended a year chock full of bad news with, you guessed it, even more bad news. L got her friend (some friend!) on December 31st, putting an end to our hopes for round 2. This one was much tougher than the first failed IUI as we really felt like this was "the one". Something just felt different this time. L has been in a pretty bad place the last few days and I am really trying to be the strong, brave one, which is not easy. Of course, no one ever said any of this would be easy, but the on the job training is kinda brutal. I am trying to keep the attitude that this will only make the good news down the road feel that much better (things are always much sweeter after a mouthful of sour right?), but every one of these makes that road look longer, bumpier and more foreboding.

So, it is back to the Clomid, blood work, ultrasounds, and likely a 3rd IUI...

Stay tuned...please? :)

6 comments:

jill said...

Ugh I'm sorry :( *hugs* to you and give your wife some too (as I'm sure you already are).

I hope 2010 turns out to be the year you two have been waiting for.

Fertility Chick said...

I'm sorry. Thinking about you both.

tiffany.parcher said...

I'm so sorry. I was picturing the two of you celebrating your goods news. Hang in there. From one MFIF couple to another, we're pulling for you.

Ruth said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope the 3rd time's a charm for the 2 of you. Hang in there!

Jem said...

So sorry this cycle didn't work. Please take extra special care of L.

It's hard to be strong when someone you love is suffering and nothing you can say or do will make them feel better.

Just knowing you are there for her will help.

Anonymous said...

oh man. Nothing I can say to make you feel better. It can be a long and painful road and all I can hope to offer is that there's lot of people out there who kinda know how you feel and have been there (and have made it.)

Subscribe