12/30/2009

Afraid to wish...

Posted by J - azoowho@gmail.com |

Today puts us at 12 days post IUI and so far, so good. No news is generally good news when in the dreaded 2ww and we are trying to stick to that mantra and kind of let time run its course. Being busy over the holidays has really helped the time fly by. If the AF monster stays locked away in her closet, we will probably do an HPT on Friday, so fingers crossed :)

There have definitely been some physical signs. Of course the man in me first noticed the most obvious one.... "Boy your boobs are gigantic", I grunted like the Cro-Magnon who got stuck in traffic near the on-ramp to Evolutionary Highway that I am. Then I hobbled away, closely followed by a slobber trail with my hairy knuckles dragging roughly behind. Sigh, ladies, I have to wonder what you see in us sometimes :)

I am finding myself going out of my way to keep from feeling too optimistic. A defense mechanism I suppose...the lower you climb, the less painful the fall. Maybe not the mentally healthiest approach long term but I feel like I need to keep things tempered, grounded, and realistic so that I don't burn out emotionally. This IF stuff is a marathon, we all know that, and besides I'm too fat and old to sprint ;)

2 comments:

jill said...

Fingers crossed here!!

Happy holidays and happy new year to you both :)

tiffany.parcher said...

Any update? Stop keeping us in suspense!! I've been crossing my fingers for you...

Subscribe